Friday, October 15, 2010

Self Reflection

Rereading all of my blog posts, I noticed a few themes.

The first theme I noticed was about activism. I discussed, throughout the majority of my blog posts, ideas about technology and feminism and how I've become more aware and how we should improve our footprint on this earth. I stated a lot of ideas that mention things like, "Just hop on a plane and travel the right way"  or "just meet someone new and get to know them" or "just don't abuse the internet like we are." All of these statements to me, reflect a sense of activism, and forward motion on my part to start to be conscious of my actions. It's more of a self activism more than societal, but starting small is a necessity to starting anywhere.

Another theme I noticed while rereading my posts was the idea of inequality; specifically gender and class inequalities. Throughout Joelles blog post that I wrote and the AIDS video blog post, I mentioned several things about gender and class inequalities that in our society, seem to be not spoken about, but only by activists.

One last theme that I realized I spoke a lot about was my whole life in connection with each of these readings and videos. I saw many connections between my life and people in these readings. Although I have not gone through any of what Joelle Ryan has, I still consider myself a struggler and becoming stronger because of it just like her. I also related myself to the use of the internet that was spoken about throughout the readings. I noticed that I was like the people that were talked about in the readings. I am always on the internet. I am always using facebook. I am distracted from my social and daily life because of the internet. This is where my self activism comes into play. This is where I notice my actions and try to reevaluate how I live my life via the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment